Today, two former industry analysts (who are now Veeam execs) discuss the trends that are shaping the data protection industry and IT landscape:
- Jason Buffington @JBuff, former Principal Analyst for Data Protection at ESG
- Dave Russell @BackupDave, former VP and Distinguished Analyst at Gartner, lead analyst for the Backup MQ
This week, we’re talking about how tape is NOT dead:
- A fresh look at the old media
- Regulatory considerations for long-term retention
- What about the cloud (instead)?
Jason and Dave are now both VPs working on various aspects of Veeam’s strategy. If either of them, or Veeam, can help you, please let us know. We’ll see you back here next week – thanks for watching.
Navigate through the series:
- The data protection landscape
- Tape is (not) dead
- Using “the cloud” as part of your data protection strategy
- An appliance by any other name
- The good, the bad, and the regulatory compliant
- Is backup enough for a peace of mind?
- The future of data protection is data management
This article was originally posted on the Veeam Blog.