Last week, I sat down with the folks at The Cube at VeeamON 2017 to talk about a range of topics including Veeam, the evolutions in the broader data protection market, and more.
- The Veeam Availability Report 2017, produced by ESG, covers over 1,000 unbiased enterprises around the world and looks at the gaps between what businesses expect and what IT can deliver in systems’ availability and data protection/recovery capabilities.
- Why it is so important to stop talking about IT resiliency as a technology challenge and start dealing with it as a business-impact situation to manage—starting at 3:30.
- The last ten years and the next ten years of data protection and the shifts in production platforms, which will again force a reset in how data protection must evolve and who the industry leader(s) will be in that space—starting at 6:00.
- What to think about the “disruptors” (Rubrik, Cohesity, Actifio, Datos.IO) and how everyone is headed toward “copy data management” in some form—starting at 12:00.
- What makes Veeam and VeeamON different—starting at 14:00.
- New ESG research coming in 2017 like trends in modernizing data protection in 2017 … how different IT personas are affecting data protection strategy … how organizations are dealing with “availability” and IT resiliency … and the interest in data protection appliances of all form factors—starting at 15:00.
Thank you to my friends at The Cube for hosting me—and thank you for watching.