Huge Congratulations to my friend, Matt Hester.
Matt is a one of the folks that taught me how to blog, so that I could use social networking to convey my passion for technology products. He also happens to be an IT Pro Evangelist for Microsoft, meaning that he spends most days speaking at local events events with customers and partners, and blogs/podcasts about every cool technology that he can get his hands on. It is the second coolest job at Microsoft behind Technical Product Manager. <grin>
His new book is now on shelves: The Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration Instant Reference
All your Windows Server 2008 R2 questions answered—on the spot!
Get up to speed on the new features of Windows Server 2008 R2 with this indispensable guide. Designed for busy IT professionals, it’s the perfect go-to resource for quick answers and real-world solutions as you administer the new server OS. You’ll find easy-to-read lists, quick-reference tables, helpful thumb tabs, and much more in a handy, compact format that puts the information you need at your fingertips.
- Getting started and adding roles and functionality
- Automating tasks
- Managing users, groups, directories, and the centralized desktop
- Handling folder security, disk management, storage, backup, and recovery
- Monitoring and maintaining web servers
- Troubleshooting IP and managing remote access
- Doing performance tuning and maintaining virtual servers