Does Virtualization + Cloud = BC/DR? YES!
In June 2013, ESG published its “Trends in Protecting Highly Virtualized Environments” report.
In September, ESG published its “Data Protection-as-a-Service Trends” report.
And for many people, when you virtualize your infrastructure (so that the servers are portable) and then you provide a cost-effective secondary location (the cloud) … you get BC/DR opportunities that were never there before!
So, in each of those ESG research projects, we asked a few BC/DR questions … and the nice folks in ESG’s production team were kind enough to compile some of my favorites into a single infographic. (CLICK HERE)
The key data topics include:
- BC/DR continues to be a high priority among IT organizations
- BC/DR sites, current methods, planned methods and DRaaS considerations
- How BC/DR is enabled and accelerated by virtualization and cloud solutions
- How cloud-services are enhancing the frequency of DR testing
- Why cloud-based data protection is gaining interest
- And how Virtualization is enabling better BC/DR strategies
I’ve been a backup guy for 23 years, a virtualization dude since VMware 1.0 and used to be a Certified Business Continuity Planner – so these are some of my favorite topics to talk about.
I hope you get the same “Ah Ha” moments of coolness from the data that I did. Enjoy!
As always, thanks for reading.