Barbara Imbert at Seagate recently blogged about Symantec’s 2010 SMB information security survey. As a summary of the findings:
- 74% are Somewhat/Extremely concerned about information protection
- 42% lost confidential/proprietary information in the past 12 months
- 100% saw losses – lost revenue & direct financial costs
- In the past year, 62% lost devices and 73% saw cyber attacks
Scrolling down in the survey, to the Backup, Archiving and Disaster Recovery section:
- 47% of respondents never backup
- 39% said it never occurred to them to do so
- 50% uses the same software for backup and archiving
- 43% have no plans and/or no formal plans for a disaster preparedness
Why is this?
Check out the rest of my post on Because It’s Everybody’s Business .